(First Semester SY 2015-2016)
The online enrollment system facilitates the registration/enrollment process for both new and continuing students without needing to be on campus.
Online Enrollment Period: May 25-June 5, 2015
Regular Registration Period: June 1-5, 2015
Regular Registration Period: May 18-22, 2015
For new students and transferees, click:
For continuing students, click:
CLICK HERE to view the Admission Guidelines for the School of Basic Education
CLICK HERE for Early Childhood Application for Admission Form
CLICK HERE for Elementary School Application for Admission Form
CLICK HERE for Elementary School Recommendation Form
CLICK HERE for High School Application for Admission Form
The following programs have additional requirements, on top of the University requirements. (Click on course to access list of additional requirements.)
BS Physical Therapy
BS Medical Technology
Doctor of Medicine
Those enrolling in Nursing, Physical Therapy and Law are required to take their respective "Admission Tests" on the following dates: April 6-8, 10, 13-17, 20-24, 27-30; May 4-8, 11-15, 18-22, 25-29; June 1-15, 2015.
Venue: Testing Center, Student Center, Oriental Hall, Silliman University, Dumaguete City.
First Year Applicants | Transfer Applicants | International Applicants | Graduate Program Applicants
FIRST YEAR APPLICANTS
Silliman University adopts an "open admission" policy. In effect, the Silliman University Admission and Placement Examination (SUAPE) is no longer a requirement for admission.
Admission of first year applicants is based on four (4) criteria:
- Academic Performance
- Quality of the School the applicant comes from
- Interview Results
- (For Nursing and Physical Therapy Applicants) Scores in the Qualifying Exams
Applicants must be graduates of a four-year secondary course in a public or private high school or its equivalent. Â Applicants are to complete the registration process online: http://my.su.edu.ph/enrollment
(If on-campus accommodation [board and lodging] is desired, application must be sent earlier than the scheduled enrollment. The online enrollment system, once completed, will redirect those interested in staying in the dormitories to the online dormitory reservation system.)
Admission Procedures (Revised)
Accomplish the online registration form. All applicants are encouraged to review the guidelines before proceeding to online enrollment: http://my.su.edu.ph/enrollment.
- The following documents have to be submitted in both soft and hard formats. The online enrollment system will require most of these documents to be uploaded online (read guidelines: http://my.su.edu.ph/enrollment). Even as they have already been uploaded to the system, the University requires the following original documents to be mailed to the Registrar:
- Form 138 (fourth year high school report card) indicating a general average of at least 80%. Applicants to the Nursing and Physical Therapy Programs are required a general average of at least 85%.
- (For applicants to the Nursing and Physical Therapy Programs) Results of the Qualifying Exams.Â
- Two statements of good moral character: (a) one from the previous school attended, and (b) one from a prominent member of the community.
- One passport size (2x2) copy of latest picture.
- Official copy of birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO).
- Physical examination certification issued by a registered physician attesting to the student's fitness for school. The following tests must be done at the Silliman University Medical Center: chest X-ray, dental and CBC (complete blood count). Those who are unable to undergo these tests during the enrollment period may undertake them within the first week of class.
Office of the Registrar and Admissions
Ground Floor, Hibbard Hall
Dumaguete City 6200
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Pay the down payment of Php6,500. Payment can be done at any of the branches of our partner banks (click to view list: partner banks). These banks will require the ID number of the student to ensure quick posting in our system. This enables our system to credit the amount against the account of the student.
For payments made without the ID number, we request that the validated slip be scanned and sent to us, along with a note on (a) name of the student and (b) purpose and/or breakdown of payment, to the Student Accounts Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com.
When the student is enrolled, his/her class schedule can be viewed online (http://livecomm.su.edu.ph/mysilliman/login.php) from May 25-June 5, 2015. The student can print his/her class schedule when all official documents are submitted to the Registrar and Admissions Office by mail, or personally at the ground floor of Hibbard Hall Room 6.
If you are unable to print your schedule of classes online, request for printing of class schedules can be made during the regular registration period (June 1-5, 2015).
Proceed to the Office of Student Services at the second floor of the Oriental Hall to secure your identification card.
Transfer students are those who have done college work elsewhere and are seeking admission to Silliman University for the first time. They include those who started college work at Silliman, transferred to other schools and are now seeking re-admission.Â This category also covers applicants to the College of Law, Medical School and the Graduate Programs.
Application should include:
- Accomplished online registration form (read online enrollment guidelines: http://my.su.edu.ph/enrollment)
- Transfer credentials (honorable dismissal)
- Informative copy of academic records signed by the Registrar of the previous school
- Two letters of recommendation: one from the previous school and one from a prominent member of the community
- One passport size (2x2) copy of latest picture
- Certified photocopy of birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO
- (For applicants to the College of Law, Medical School and Graduate Programs) Additional requirements from these collegesÂ are to be accomplished separately.
Generally, credits for work done from accredited institutions are accepted, provided the student obtained the minimum average grade required for the program. In some cases, advanced credits will be accepted only on passing a validating examination that usually covers English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Logic.
The Office of the Registrar and Admissions evaluates the course credits and eligibility of students who have completed their secondary course or its equivalent in high school, or have earned credits from colleges outside the Philippines.
A transferring foreign student who desires to earn a degree from Silliman University should submit to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions an original copy of his/her complete academic records, together with detailed description of courses taken and credits earned. A translation in English must accompany the original transcript of records. The records should be authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (PFSP) of the applicant's country of residence.
Those coming from non-English speaking countries and are deficient in the English language are required to take an Intensive Program in English (IPE) equivalent to 18 units in their first semester on campus.
A foreign student (non-immigrant) who is at least eighteen (18) years old applies to the PFSP of his country of residence for a student visa through Silliman University which issues the letter of acceptance.
Application should include:
- Six (6) copies of Personal History Statement (PHS) forms.
- An original and a duplicate copy of transcript of records authenticated by the PFSP of the applicant's country of residence. Â The authenticated copies must bear the diplomatic red ribbon, original signature and seal of the PFSP abroad.
- A notarized Affidavit of Support with proof of adequate financial support (bank statement) and Letter of Guarantee from sponsoring company/organization from abroad,
- Birth certificate and photocopy of passport pages showing the name, picture, birth date and birthplace of the applicant
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from:
- School last attended
- Prominent person of the community
- Admission fee of US $100.00 in money order payable to Silliman University (non-refundable)
Overseas students must also present their immigration papers as well as certificate attesting to their competence to do college work.
GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS
Application Requirements of the University Graduate Programs (in addition to the University Admission Requirements):
- Accomplished Graduate Programs Application Form
- Accomplished Reference Form
- Thesis / Dissertation Concept (Essay)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt from the University Business and Finance Office
- Transcript of Records