Ten Fellows to 2017 Silliman University National Writers Workshop Named
The 56th edition of the Silliman University National Writers Workshop starts May 8 to 19 at the Rose Lamb Sobrepeña Writers Village in Camp Look-out, Valencia, Negros Oriental.
Ten writers from all over the Philippines have been accepted as workshop fellows. They are the following:
• Elijah Maria Villanueva Pascual of Marikina City (Ateneo de Manila University)
• George G. Deoso of Quezon City (University of Santo Tomas)
• Hezron G. Pios of Bacolod City (University of St. La Salle)
• Arlene Theresa Avila of Surigao City (University of British Columbia)
• Matthew Jacob F. Ramos of Cebu City (Ateneo de Manila University)
• Vincen Gregory Y. Yu of Iloilo City (University of the Philippines-Manila)
• Cesar Miguel Lopez Escaño of Tacloban, Leyte (Ateneo de Manila University)
• Maria Tanya Patricia Pilares Cruz of Quezon City (University of Santo Tomas)
• Tiffany Corinne Conde of Quezon City (Ateneo de Manila University)
• Catherine Anne A. Orda of Quezon City (De La Salle University)
The panel of writers/critics for this year includes Director-in-Residence Jaime An Lim, Resident Writers Cesar Ruiz Aquino and Ian Rosales Casocot as well as Regular Panelists Gemino H. Abad, Susan S. Lara, and Alfred Yuson. They will be joined by Guest Panelists Jose Wendell Capili, Grace Monte de Ramos, Danilo Francisco Reyes, Anthony Tan, and International Panelist Beth Yahp of Australia.
Founded in 1962 by S.E.A. Write Awardee Edilberto K. Tiempo and National Artist Edith L. Tiempo, the workshop is the oldest creative writing workshop of its kind in Asia. It was recently given the Tanging Parangal in the Gawad CCP Para sa Sining by the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
For more information about forthcoming events during the workshop, e-mail Workshop Coordinator Lady Flor Partosa at email@example.com or call the Department of English and Literature at (035) 422-6002 loc. 520. (Edilberto and Edith Tiempo Creative Writing Center)