Alumni Update July 20 – 24, 2020
Virtual Parada Sillimaniana
The Silliman University Alumni and External Affairs Office in celebration of Silliman’s 119th Founders Day
is inviting all reunioning High School batches 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, and 2010, school organizations, alumni chapters here and abroad, and other Silliman groups to join and register with the Alumni Affairs for the Alumni Virtual Parada Sillimaniana. This will give alumni groups the opportunity to showcase their message and activities that there is hope amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Each participating alumni group must submit their video to the ALUMNI & EXTERNAL AFFAIRS OFFICE either through email ([email protected]) or saved in a USB and received by the Alumni Affairs office on or before August 3, 2020. Attached herewith are the guideline for the Virtual Parada. For reunioning groups who wish to join in the Virtual Memorial Service, please email [email protected] for more details on how you can celebrate Founders Day with us in a fun and meaningful way.
119th FOUNDERS DAY
Theme: “Hope Arising from the Solid Rock”
GUIDELINES FOR THE PARADA SILLIMANIANA and UNITY SERVICE
- The PARADA SILLIMANIANA 2020 will be VIRTUAL. “Our planet is facing one of the greatest challenges to the health and well-being of its people, and yet, in the midst of this struggle, we are reminded of the value of compassion and mutual support.” (Dalai Lama)
We will be promoting to our viewers “lessons in universal responsibility” being taught to human beings by mother Earth.
- Participating units (Alumni Contingents, Academic Units, Various Organizations, etc.) shall be given a 30-40 seconds time slot for their pictures/videos to be aired LIVE via Facebook and YouTube.
- Each participating Alumni Group must submit their video to the ALUMNI & EXTERNAL AFFAIRS OFFICE either through email ([email protected]) or saved in a USB and received by the Alumni Affairs office on or before August 3, 2020. Please be aware that the video submitted can still be edited in case it will exceed the allotted time given in showcasing the group’s message and activities, and the “LESSONS IN UNIVERSAL RESPONSIBILITY” amid the covid-19 pandemic theme. Mr. Rodolfo Jull B. Locsin Jr. of the SU ROTC Unit, is this years’ Parada Sillimaniana Officer-In-Charge.
Challenge your group to come up with projects/activities then showcase it to the world telling them HOPE will definitely arise despite the many obstacles we are facing.
- The virtual Parada Sillimaniana 2020 will be aired at 3:00 o’clock in the afternoon; on August 27, 2020 via Facebook Live and YouTube.
- The Unity Prayer will follow and everyone is enjoined to view up to the end of the UNITY SERVICE.