Alumni Updates February 25 – March 3, 2019
Molina book now available. Chasing Clouds, a book by SU alumnus and visual artist Prof. Samuel B. Molina, is now available at the Alumni and External Affairs Office, located at the Alumni Hall, Silliman campus.
Chasing Clouds was launched last Aug. 27, 2018 at the Robert B. and Metta J. Silliman Library. It chronicles his lifelong fascination with clouds, especially their majestic display and their destructive potentials. The selected images were taken over a period of thirty-five years in the USA and the Philippines.
Samuel Molina, a George Washington University professor emeritus in visual communication, has been teaching Advertising Design and professionally creates Corporate Graphics, Corporate Identity, Environmental Graphics, and Packaging Design for clients in the Washington, DC metropolitan area as well as in the Philippines. He is now based in Bohol and continues to lecture and conduct seminars in photography and design internationally. He completed his Elementary (1955) and High School (1959) education at Silliman University. For a copy of his book, contact the Silliman University Alumni and External Affairs Office at (035)4226002 local 290 or at [email protected]
All You Want to Know about Tipon Silliman 2019. Adlai Amor ([email protected] ) has posted an announcement to alumni about Tipon-Silliman 2019 –
We have a lot of downloadable resources on our website, www.tiponsilliman.org. They include:
- A ticket guide and a link with information on how to buy tickets and register for Tipon 2019.
- A reservations link to book a hotel room at Crystal Gateway Marriott.
Or call the hotel at 1-800-2289290 (discount count: SU Tipon 2019).
- Registration for a hotel room is separate from a Tipon 2019 registration. You’ll need both.
- A guide to restaurants around Crystal Marriott Gateway. Almost all are within walking distance from the hotel. If you have a large group, be sure to call ahead for reservations. If you want to see their menus, search online using Google.
- A guide as what to do when you arrive in Washington, DC. If you are flying into DC, the hotel provides a shuttle from DCA – National Airport. For airplane tickets, please search online or contact a travel agent. There’s information on parking garages around the hotel.
- A list of Sillimanians and friends who have registered for a hotel room and registered for Tipon 2019. We remind those who booked hotel rooms but have not registered for Tipon 2019; please register.
- Early bird prices will end April 1, 2019. Early bird price for a Tipon 2019 package is $299 (+ Eventbrite fees).
If you have any questions, email [email protected]