Institute of Rehabilitative Sciences
Physical Therapy is a Science and Art of treatment by means of therapeutic exercise, heat, cold, light, water,manual manipulation, electricity, and other physical agents. It is an allied medical profession that develops, coordinates, and utilizes selected knowledge and skills in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating programs for the care of individuals whose ability to function is impaired or threatened by disease or injury. Physical Therapy requires an in-depth knowledge of human growth and development, human anatomy and physiology, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, biomechanics, and abnormal psychological responses to injury, sickness and disability, and the cultural and socio-economic influences of the individual. The goal of Physical Therapy is to help the patient reach maximum potential and to assume her/his due place in society while learning to live within the limits of such capabilities. The Physical Therapist works under the supervision of the Physiatrist, the Rehabilitation Medicine specialist.The Physical Therapist functions in these general types of positions:
- as staff in a supervisory position who provides direct services to the patient in a hospital setting;
- as a teacher in a clinical and academic setting; and
- as an administrator of a program in an educational institution, a clinical department, or a health agency.
Statement of Philosophy
The faculty of the SU PhysicalTherapy Program believe that: The human being is created in the image and likeness of god— a unique yet unified whole with spiritual, biological, mental, emotional,socio-cultural, and environmental components. As a member of a family, a community, and the world, his day-to-day encounter with life affects the wholeness of an individual. Physical Therapy is a humanistic science that seeks to assist the person in meeting his/her health needs and problems. This is achieved through independent practice or in collaboration with health and non-health disciplines by promoting and restoring health, preventing illness and treating disease conditions, and by improving functional capabilities that provide the best care through rehabilitative techniques. Physical Therapist is one who has acquired the essential knowledge, skills, and desirable attitudes so that he/she can function efficiently in any work setting.
Admissions for BS Physical Therapy
- Application form
- Copy of Grades from Grade 11 and 12. For transferees, include the grades from the previous school (the grade sheet must show the grades for all subjects)
- Copy of NSO certified birth certificate (if foreign, a copy of your birth certificate from your place of origin)
Please click on the link below for details and application: https://forms.gle/
Once you submit your application, someone will contact you to schedule an appointment for your interview which will be done via video conference. There is a P150 interview fee. The entrance examination has been placed on hold, until further notice.
Please upload a copy of your Interview Fee (p150) payment receipt to this link: https://forms.gle/
You may choose to transact at the following banks:
BPI Perdices – Peso: 1081-0003-16
BDO Silliman Campus (for College and Senior High students): 8040009966
METROBANK (use deposit Slip): 443-7-44350202-1
SECURITY BANK: 0315-081901-001
Union Bank: 1450000347
Note: Write regular payment for BPI and BDO
- The following are required submissions to complete the online form. These are all submitted via Google form attachment (follow the instructions on the given link):
- Application form (must be downloaded from the link)
- soft copy of Grades from Grade 11 and 12. For transferees, include the grades from the previous school (the grade sheet must show the grades for all subjects)
- soft copy of NSO certified birth certificate (if foreign, a copy of your birth certificate from your place of origin)
- soft copy of a character reference (or good moral character) from school
- Other requirements not listed above (Medical/laboratory, vaccinations, etc.) may follow after acceptance into the program.
- After submission of the application and required forms, you will be contacted via email to schedule your interview.
- Upon deliberation, applicants will be contacted via email if accepted or rejected from the program.
email: [email protected]
Telephone: 035-422-6002, extension 560
Thank you for your interest in our program!