SU, BPI Foundation offers scholarship for next of kin of the medical frontliners
Silliman University (SU), in partnership with the Bank of Philippine Islands Foundation (BPIF), offers the PAGPUGAY Scholarship Fund Program to support the next of kin of the medical frontliners who passed away in the line of duty against COVID-19.
BPIF will choose 10 students from 12 schools in the country offering the scholarship, which includes SU.
The 10 scholars will each be provided a maximum of PhP 100,000 per academic year to cover tuition fees and other miscellaneous expenses paid directly to BPIF’s partner school.
Students who are next of kin of the following medical frontliners are eligible for the scholarship: doctors, nurses, medical technologists, community health workers, and administrative, utility, and support services personnel in health care facilities.
Interested and qualified students must e-mail their applications to the SU Scholarships and Aid Division at [email protected] The deadline for applications is on July 10, 2020.
Download the application form here: Pagpugay Scholarship Form
Know more about the PAGPUGAY Scholarship below:
At BPI, through BPI Foundation (BPIF), we recognize the great contribution of our medical front liners in the fight against COVID-19. To honor their heroic efforts, BPIF offers PAGPUGAY, a scholarship fund program to support the next of kin of the medical front liners who passed away in the line of duty against COVID-19.
Ten (10) scholars will be chosen by BPIF in 2020, to be evaluated for annual renewal. Should a slot be available due to graduation or non-renewal, BPIF reserves the right to open the program to new applicants to fill in the available slots.
Each scholar will be provided a maximum of P100,000 scholarship fund per academic year to provide financial assistance to cover tuition fees and other miscellaneous expenses paid directly to BPIF’s partner school.
The financial assistance shall only cover school fees for regular school year/semester/trimester and shall not, in any event, cover school fees arising out of or relating to the summer term unless the summer term is mandatory based on the course curriculum.
- Qualified next of kin of the following medical front liners who passed away in the line of duty against COVID-19:
C. Medical technologists
D. Community health workers
E. Administrative, utility, and support services personnel in health care facilities
If the deceased is married, priority beneficiary is the children. If single, beneficiary can be next of kin up to 2nd degree of consanguinity.
- Applicants should be college/university students (1st year-4th year/5th year) of the following colleges/universities:
A. Ateneo de Manila University
B. De La Salle University (Manila)
C. Mapua University (Manila and Makati)
D. Malayan Colleges of Laguna and Mindanao
E. Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology
F. National Teachers College
G. Saint Louis University – Baguio
H. Silliman University
I. University of Nueva Caceres
J. University of Santo Tomas (Manila)
K. University of San Carlos
L. Xavier University – Cagayan de Oro
- To qualify, eligible students must have and maintain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent and/or prevailing University standards for the previous academic year (for incoming 1st year) or for the previous semester (for incoming 2nd year-5th year).
- Interested applicants may secure application forms from Partner Schools, and submit accomplished forms together with other requirements to the Partner School.
- Partner Schools shall screen the applications and shall submit a short-list of nominees to BPIF.
- BPIF shall select successful applicants from the list of nominees through an evaluation of their academic excellence and financial need.
- BPIF will notify the selected scholars of their acceptance to the program through their schools and electronic mail indicated in the application form.
- Fully accomplished form.
- Endorsement letter, duly signed by the spouse or any relative of legal age and within the second degree of consanguinity from the medical frontliner.
- Endorsement letter, duly signed by the authorized representative of the hospital or health care facility where the medical frontliner was assigned
- Original or authenticated copies of the following:
A. Course curriculum
B. If a child of the frontliner, birth certificate of the applicant
C. If a sibling of the frontliner, birth certificate of the applicant and the frontliner showing their common parents
D. If a widow/widower of the frontliner, marriage certificate of the medical frontliner.
E. PRC ID or License ID of the medical frontliner
F. Death certificate of the medical frontliner, indicating COVID-19 or complications due to COVID-19 as a cause of death
G. Latest ITR of parents/guardian of the applicant
H. Latest previous academic year Transcript of Records or Copy of Grades
I. Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Only the applications with complete requirements will be processed.
- Scanned copies of the application form and other supporting documents may be submitted. Hard copies will be required once applicants are selected for the scholarship.
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to contact and email their colleges/universities for more information or submission of applications:
|Ateneo de Manila University||[email protected]|
|De La Salle University (Manila)||Via Google Form
*Please visit the De La Salle University, Facebook Page, for the Google Form link
|Mapua University (Manila and Makati)||[email protected]|
|Malayan Colleges of Laguna||[email protected]|
|Malayan Colleges of Mindanao||[email protected]|
|Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology||[email protected]|
|National Teachers College||[email protected]|
|Saint Louis University – Baguio||[email protected]
|Silliman University||[email protected]|
|University of Nueva Caceres||[email protected]|
|University of Santo Tomas (Manila)||[email protected]|
|University of San Carlos||[email protected]
|Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan||[email protected]|