Historic Visayas – where the past blends with the present, a place steeped in history yet in step with modern life. In these islands, Knowledge for Development Centers (KDCs) were established as a partnership for knowledge sharing between the World Bank and the leading institutions/universities.
In the City of Gentle People (Dumaguete City), the World Bank Knowledge for Development Center was launched last August 28, 2003 and is located at the eastern portion, ground floor of the Silliman University Main Library. Furthermore, it provides an easy access to a wealth of information through the Internet and a diverse collection of World Bank publications and other special books and documents in the print, non-print and electronic formats to the public.
The SU KDC offers the following services for free:
- Access to development-related publications by well-known academic and development institution
- Room use and on-line access to World Bank project documents, publications and reports
- Free access to development and research sites on the Internet
- Special collection of CDs and videotapes on development issues
- On-line access to the Global Jolis cataloging system that allows users to see the collection of World Bank Public Information Centers around the world
- Free copies of World Bank publications on the Philippines