School of Basic Education
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEPARTMENT
The Silliman University Early Childhood School provides an environment where children four to six years old can develop their inherent potentials to the fullest. It offers a well-planned program which challenges them to extend their horizons through new learning but at the same time, safeguards their security.
A program for Early Childhood helps each child to develop and maintain optimum health; further his physical development; extend his understanding of the social world; enter into his scientific world; grow in understanding of spatial and quantitative relationships; expand his control of language; enjoy his literary and musical heritage; express himself aesthetically through various art media; establish satisfying relationships with children and adults; understand and enter into a relationship with God through religious activities.
Historically, the Silliman University School of Basic Education Elementary Department was opened primarily “to furnish superior instructions for children of the faculty and the local constituency.” The school continues to provide quality instructions to its clientele. It also serves as a laboratory for the College of Education.
As a school, it is committed to the total development of the child and the conservation of his environment. It continuously endeavors to actualize its vision by offering an enriched curriculum; providing a wholesome environment which is conducive to teaching and learning; supplementing its academic program with varied and rich co-curricular activities; providing adequate facilities to enhance teaching and learning; providing strong support services; establishing good relationship with top administration and other departments in the University and linkage with government and non-government organizations and the community.
The SUES was fully accredited in 1974 and reaccredited in 1977, 1984, 1990, 1995 and 2000 by the Elementary Division of the Philippine Association of Accredited Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU).
SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL
The Silliman University High School adopted the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC) which is under the 1989 Secondary Development Program (SEDP). The legal bases of this New Secondary Education Curriculum are Article II, Section 13 and 17, and Article XIV, Section 1, of the 1987 Constitution. The philosophy and objectives of Silliman University as a Christian university are incorporated with the national goals. Educational aims, and the present objectives of the Philippine secondary education.
The Silliman University High School believes that our cultural and national heritage is communicated most effectively through one’s behavior; hence, the school teaches by precept and example a humane philosophy in all aspects of its endeavors. It accepts the challenge to provide training for leadership and a strong foundation in the fundamental processes in the sciences and humanities to prepare the student for college education and at the same time equip him with the skills for gainful employment. It emphasizes a profound respect for humanity in all its diversity with a concern for individual rights and responsibilities.
FOR CONTINUING STUDENTS
Please refer to the University Admission Requirement
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEPARTMENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must present the following credentials to the Admission Officer:
- Birth Certificate (NSO – 1 Original and 1 Photo copy)
- in case of aliens, two Photo copies of Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR).
- The Age Qualification is as follows:
a child must be 4 years old for Kinder 1, 5 years old for Kinder 2 by August 31 of the current school year.
- Applicants are interviewed by the School Coordinator and/or members of the Admission Committee after which they submit to an entrance test. Interview and Testing Schedule: April 3 – 6, 2018
- 2×2 Photo
ADMISSION GUIDELINES FOR NEW KINDER 1 AND KINDER 2 APPLICANTS
- Original NSO copy of the birth certificate
- Duly accomplished Application Form (available at the Early Childhood Office)
- One (1) copy of the latest 2 x 2 ID picture to be pasted on the application form
- Testing Fee of Php 200.00 to be paid directly to the SU Business and Finance Office
- Duly accomplished application form with the attached requirements including the Business Office receipt should be submitted on or before March 30, 2017 at the Early Childhood Office.
- Upon submission of the accomplished application form, parents are given the Interview and Testing schedule which will be as follows: April 3 or 4 (Interview) at 8:00 – 11:30 AM or 2:00 – 4:30 PM April 5 or 6 (Testing) at 8:00 – 11:00 AM or 2:00 – 4:30 PM
- Posting of qualified applicants will be on April 21, 2017.
- For qualified applicants for enrollment: Confirmation and Reservation Fee of Php 1,000.00 which is non-refundable but deductible from tuition fee upon enrollment is required not later than May 5, 2017.
CLICK HERE for Early Childhood Application for Admission Form
ELEMENTARY DEPARTMENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Duly accomplished forms (Available at the Elementary School Office)
CLICK HERE for Elementary School Application for Admission Form
Recommendation form from the teacher adviser/principal of the school last attended
CLICK HERE for Elementary School Recommendation Form
- Recent 2 x 2 ID picture (2 copies)
- Birth certificate (Authenticated by the Civil Registrar/NSO)
- Report Card (Form 138)
- Testing Fee: P450.00 (To be paid at the Business/Finance Office)*Please keep official receipt and present to the examiner/proctor at the testing room on the test day.
- All requirements should be placed inside a long brown envelope to be submitted on or before the test day schedule at the Elementary School Office.Testing & Interview Schedule
First Batch: April 24-27, 2017
Second Batch: May 2-4, 2017
Third Batch: May 8-10,2017Written Test Schedule: 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Interview Schedule: 2:00-4:30pm
Venue: Room 7 & Room 8For Qualified Applicants
Reservation Fee: P1,000 non-refundable but deductible from the tuition fee upon enrolment and to be paid at the Business/Finance Office not later than May 15, 2017.Registration: May 22-26, 2017
Time: 8:00-11:30a.m., 2:00-4:30p.m., SUES Campus
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
- To qualify for admission, all NEW and TRANSFER students must pass the entrance examination and interview. They also need to meet the grade requirement, as follows:
a. NEW Students (Grade 7): A general average of at least 85%, with no grade below 80% in the final rating in any subject
b. TRANSFEREES: A general average of at least 87%, with no grade below 80% in the final rating in any subject area
Note: Foreign applicants who are non-native English speakers will undergo a special screening of English language proficiency to qualify for the Entrance examination; otherwise, the applicant may be admitted as an “audit student.”
- To take the entrance examination, all applicants should submit the following not later than April 22, 2019:
a. Duly accomplished application and recommendation forms. Recommendation form should be filled out by the Adviser and/or School Counselor and certified by the Principal
(Note: These forms can be downloaded from the SU website. Copies are also available in the JHS Principal’s office.)
b. Clear photocopy of the Report Card or Form 138 (Original copy must be presented for verification)
c. Official Receipt of the Testing Fee of P300 from the Business and Finance Office
- Entrance Test and Interview Schedule: April 24, 25 and 26, 2019
- Posting of qualified applicants will be on May 3, 2019.
- Qualified applicants who passed the entrance test and interview must submit the following in a short-sized brown envelope not later than May 8, 2019:
a. Original copy of the Report Card or Form 138
b. Original Birth Certificate from NSO/PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority) and one clear photocopy of the same
c. Good moral certification from the School Head
d. A letter ascertaining the same from a prominent member of the community not related by consanguinity or affinity to the applicant
e. 2 copies of latest 2” x 2” ID picture
f. Medical Certificate attesting that the student is fit to enroll
g. a photocopy of the Chest X-Ray Result
h. Official Receipt of the Reservation Fee of P1,000 (non-refundable but deductible from tuition fee to be credited in the 2nd installment)
i. if parents designate a legal guardian, a copy of the Court Order
Enrollment period: May 20 – 22, 2019
Classes begin: June 10, 2019
Revised: January 2019
- BSEED-Nutrition Educ.
- BSEED-Early Childhood
- BEED-General Education