SU assists stranded students to return home
Silliman University (SU), through the Office of Student Services (OSS), continues to assist stranded students to return to their hometowns and countries.
The OSS has facilitated the return of 12 students to their hometowns with the help of the Department of Tourism (DOT) Dumaguete Office as of May 27, 2020. The students boarded sweeper flights to Manila arranged by DOT.
According to OSS, before the students were allowed to travel, were required by the DOT to submit a Certificate of Acceptance from the local government unit of their place of residence. The certificate would allow students to enter their municipality.
Students were also required to get a Travel Authority from the Philippine National Police in the province after scheduling a flight.
The OSS assisted students in acquiring a medical certificate from the City Health Office and barangay certification verifying that the student is not a PUI or PUM, as well as in purchasing tickets for their travel and dropping them off at the airport.
The OSS continues to assist and support the 244 stranded SU students.
The following students have been assisted by the OSS:
- Robles, Danielle Vashti P. – SH ACAD Stem I – Los Baños, Laguna
- Faller, Richee Crown Jewel – SH ACAD Stem II – Calamba City, Laguna
- Faller, Richee Dawn Ella – BS Psych I – Calamba City, Laguna
- Adviento, Maria Himig Kristina G.- BS Bio IV- Brgy. Nangka, Marikina City
- Robelo, Jerome Roje S. – BS Bio IV – West Crame, Marikina City
- Palma, Alexandra Nichole E.- BS Physics III – Gen. Trias, Cavite
- Anacleto, Mylene Marie U. – BSN I- Bae, Laguna
- Rafols, Alleeson Grace I. – BFA Paiting – Dasmariñas, Cavite
- Ramos, Paolo Victor S. – BM Music Ed. III – Sta. Mesa, Manila
- Buendia, Benedict Bosco Z. BS Psych IV – Antipolo, Rizal
- Baes, Maria Catalina R. – BTH PM IV – Ibaba Del Sur Paete, Laguna
- Calooy, Leila Kate Kayeciel – BBA Marketing Mgt II – Zamboanga del Norte