Advisory: Traffic & Parking Plan within the Campus for the Graduation Exercises, June 12-13, 2022
RIBBONS AS GATE PASS
Silliman University (SU) shall hold limited face-to-face graduation ceremonies at the SU Gymnasium for 2 consecutive days on the following dates and time:
Day 1: June 12, 2022
- CBA 7:00 – 9:00am
- CED & Law 1:30 – 3:30pm
- AS 4:00 – 7:00pm
Day 2: June 13, 2022
- Nursing 7:00 – 9:00am
- Cluster A 9:30 – 12:00nn
- Cluster B 4:00 – 7:00pm
Each graduate is allowed to bring 2 parents/guardians, who are supposed to wear or bring their parent/guardian ribbons when they enter the campus. The ribbons will serve as their gate pass.
Each ribbon/pass corresponds to a specific graduation ceremony schedule and will be valid only during the specified time (Ex: The ribbon/pass for June 12, 7-9am cannot be used on June 13, 9-12nn).
ENTRANCES: VILLAREAL HALL & KATIPUNAN HALL GATES ONLY
The Villareal Hall (VH) and Katipunan Hall (KH) Gates shall serve as the ENTRANCE gates for graduates and parents may it be walking or with their vehicles. Vehicles without stickers but with passes shall be allowed to enter the campus either in VH Gate or KH Gate and shall park on the designated parking areas:
- CBA Parking Area – 36 available slots
- KH Parking Area – 24 available slots
- AH Parking Area – 30 available slots
- ND Parking Area – 5 available slots
- Nursing Parking Area – 13 available slots
- COPVA/Luce Parking Area – 19 available slots
- Gate 7 Parking Area – 9 available slots
- SU Library/SHS Parking Area – 15 available slots
- Pharmacy Parking Area – 8 available slots
- PELOTA Parking Area – 9 available slots
- Doltz/Larena/Woodward Parking Area – 13 available slots
- Channon Parking Area – 17 available slots
EXITS: GATE 7, LAGUNA GATE, & CHANNON GATE
All vehicles may use the EXIT gates which are “GATE 7” (going to NORSU), Laguna Gate going to SU Medical Center, and Channon Gate going to SU Junior High School. These gates shall serve only as EXIT GATE for vehicles and pedestrians and shall not allow anyone to enter through this gate.
- Amphi-theatre Parking Area may be used if all parking areas are occupied.
- SU Library Parking Area will be OFF Limits for the 1:30-3:30pm schedule on June 12 and 7-9am schedule on June 13. All vehicles that fall on this schedule will be directed to park at the back of the Gym (SOUTH Area) parking space.
- SU Library Parking Area will be available only for the 4-7pm schedule on June 12 and 9:30am-12nn schedule on June 13. Once full, vehicles will be directed to park the COPVA/Luce Parking Area if parking space are available. This is to make sure that traffic flow will be in order and to not hamper any delays for the next scheduled group for their Baccalaureate and Commencement Exercise.
GUIDELINES FOR UNIVERSITY PERSONNEL
On June 12, 2022 from 6:00-9:30 a.m., all ENTRY of vehicles will be at the VH and KH Gate respectively. EXIT of vehicles will be at Gate 7, Laguna Gate and Channon Gate. After which, normal operation shall resume. The opening of the other gates will resume again at 3:00 p.m.
On June 13, 2022 from 6:00-12:30 p.m., all ENTRY of vehicles will be at the VH and KH Gate respectively. EXIT of vehicles will be at Gate 7, Laguna Gate and Channon Gate. After which, normal operation shall resume. The opening of the other gates will resume again at 3:00 p.m.
University vehicles will have access to enter and exit gates manned by security personnel.
Campus residents may enter Laguna Gate with their vehicle provided they are identified as residents inside the campus.
CAMPUS MAP INDICATING THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC FOR JUNE 12-13, 2022CAMPUS MAP INDICATING THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC FOR JUNE 12-13, 2022