eOSP version – 3 July 2019 – STUDENT EDITION
This digital newsletter is a digest of calls for participation, research collaborations, fellowships, scholarships, events and other opportunities for the Silliman community. It is curated by the Office of Strategic Partnerships. The Office also acts as the Secretariat of the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia and as the Liaison to the United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia.
ASEAN Youth Eco-champions Award
- A citizen of the nominating AMS;
- Between 18 to 35 years old on the closing date of nominations;
- Has contributed significantly to environment outreach, in ASEAN, in areas such as waste management and reduction, climate change and energy efficiency, public cleanliness, water conservation and biodiversity conservation;
- Has been active for at least a duration of two years recently (within the past five years);
- Should not have been awarded other ASEAN youth environmental awards, e.g. the ASEAN Biodiversity Heroes Award.
- The deadline for submission of nominations is on July 15, 2019.
7TH ASEF PUBLIC DIPLOMACY TRAINING 2019 IN SIEM REAP, CAMBODIA (FULLY FUNDED)]
- Enable participants to deepen their knowledge of public perceptions of Asia and Europe, bi-regional dynamics, and how these impact the intent and design of their mission
- Provide practical skills to formulate, develop and deliver effective public diplomacy campaigns and programs to promote the ASEM Process through real-life examples and case studies
- Increase networking opportunities for ASEM diplomats, government officials and civil society actors to exchange best practices and promote deeper understanding of Asia-Europe relations.
- 7th Online Course 29 July – 20 September 2019
- 7th Face-to-face Training, Siem Reap, Cambodia 21-25 October 2019
- Successful applicants will have the privilege to take part in both the Online Training and the Face-to-face Training.
- Only participants that have successfully completed the Online Training will be eligible to take part in the Face-to-face Training on 21-25 October 2019 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- The organisers will cover:
- Airfare on point-to-point economy class and/or train ticket to travel to/from Siem Reap, Cambodia, through reimbursement
- 5 nights of accommodation in the training venue with check-in (details to follow)
- Meals and refreshments during the training programme
- Young diplomats in departments dealing with Asia, Europe, or ASEM in the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or equivalent of the ASEM Partners
- Diplomats posted by ASEM Partners to ASEM countries who are dealing with public diplomacy
- Representatives from government agencies (culture, tourism, trade and investment, etc.)
- Civil society members whose work is influencing public diplomacy
- MA degree, or equivalent, or BA degree with at least 3 years of diplomatic working experience
- Currently working in the Asia-Europe contextHigh proficiency in English
- Interest in public diplomacy, public affairs or communications
- Submissions of nominations by ASEM Ministries of Foreign Affairs should be sent to ASEF (see “CONTACT” below) via e-mail, stating the name, position and email address of the candidate.
- Ms Trishia OCTAVIANO, Project Executive, Governance & Economy Department, Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) (E: [email protected] | T: +65 6874 9755)
- Candidates are required to submit a CV and a well-structured motivation statement of no more than 250 words. Selected participants will later be asked to fill up an online registration form.
- Notification of selected participants: Friday, 19 July 2019
THE MODEL ASEM (ASIA-EUROPE MEETING) SPIN-OFF 2019 IN MALTA, EUROPE
- Link students with ASEM Officials on a national level
- Facilitate capacity-building and fine-tuning of skills in the fields of negotiation, diplomacy and consensus-building
- Enhance the understanding of Asia-Europe collaboration and the ASEM Process
- Develop a consensus-based Model ASEM Chair’s Statement
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries (Iclude Indonesia and Pakistan)
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral) and all disciplines, between the ages of 18-30, with a sincere interest in international relations
- The conference will be conducted in English only, and therefore requires strong verbal and written command of English by all participants
Deadline: 07 July 2019